Credit, Debit Card, Payment and Warranty Policy
Last modified: May 16, 2019
Your Security Matters
Mechanican, Inc’s mission is to provide fast and convenient auto repair and maintenance at an affordable price through the use of an app. Mechanican, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respect your sensitive data and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Credit, Debit Card, Payment and Warranty Policy.
This Credit, Debit Card, Payment and Warranty Policy describes the types of payment information (“Card” or “Cards”) we may collect and how we handle it when you visit the website https://mechanican.com (our “Website”) or download our apps on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store (our “App” or Apps”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Credit / Debit Card & Payment Policy applies to information we collect:
- We do NOT see, handle or store your credit card information on our systems. We use a 3rd party merchant, Braintree Inc, who is a Paypal Inc company, to process credit and debit card payments on our behalf. They maintain a level 1 PCI compliant infrastructure, and any sensitive card data is handled solely on their network, never crossing our own.
- Even though credit & debit card information is entered on our mobile apps, it uses a secure method of transmission to and from Braintree, and the card data such as number and cvv codes are never transmitted to Mechanican, any of our servers or infrastructure and are not stored locally on your device(s).
- We may collect personally identifiable information from you such as address, name, phone, email etc. and payment data such as credit card number, expiration and cvv code when you are adding or editing a payment source (credit / debit card). When doing so, this information is again sent directly to Braintree, independent of our networks.
- Any data pertaining to payment information is stored in Braintrees’ Vault. We interact with this data through the apps via userIds, tokens and public / private keys. Your credit card number however is never visible to us, even inside the vault. Mechanican can however see the last 4 digits of your card(s) and the expiration while inside Braintrees’ Vault environment.
How & When We Charge Your Card:
- Authorization Charge: You may receive a $0 or $1 authorization charge to your card when you add a card and / or create a job. This is to verify the card details through Braintree and add it to their Vault. If you receive a $1 authorization charge, this amount will automatically be refunded back to your card.
- When You Are Charged: Your card is charged once a job is completed by the technician, and they mark it complete.
- Amount Charged / Fee: The fee that is charged is dependent on the job that was performed, any part(s) that may have been used and the amount of hours the technician adds to the final invoice.
Disputes, Errors & Refund Policies:
- In the event of an error or a dispute about a charge or the amount charged to your card, you may contact us at email@example.com and we will work with you to resolve the issue promptly.
- We do not have an explicit refund policy, as there is no “return” of goods. We will however work with anyone experiencing an issue with any parts that Mechanican Inc provides, and / or to services performed. Please see our warranty terms below for more information on what we cover.
- In the event that a charge-back is issued from your credit card provider or financial institution, we will submit all relevant information we have on file about the job to the requesting institution. We would urge anyone considering a charge-back claim to allow us to resolve the issue with you. We are committed to your satisfaction and security and if there is an error, we would be more than happy to resolve it for you quickly.
- If we are unable to obtain payment for services rendered, we will try our best to collect the balance. IF we are unable to collect the balance, in extreme circumstances we may place a mechanics lien on the vehicle, or have it towed by a third party and safely stored until full payment can be made.
Part(s) & Labor Warranty:
- We provide a 24 month / 24,000 mile warranty (whichever comes first). This applies to all parts that Mechanican provides during service. If no parts are included in the job, the labor is covered at 24 month / 24,000 mile.
- Some parts may hold an additional warranty past the warranty we provide. If that is the case, we will honor that warranty past our own, should their terms and conditions be met. That is decided on a case by case basis with the manufacturer of the part(s). Please contact us to help with any warranty claims or questions.
- We do not provide a warranty on parts that we did not sell during the process of a transaction with you. For example, if you purchase the part yourself, this would be an instance where there would not be a warranty on the part or the labor. We do not have a means of tracking quality or warranty claims for parts that we do not provide. Since we cannot guarantee these points, the labor cannot be warrantied due to the possibility of failure due to the part(s). In simple terms, if you (the client) supplies the part(s), we do not provide a labor and parts warranty. If you have your technician purchase and install the parts, you receive the 24 month / 24,000 mile warranty on the part(s) and labor for that job.